Brussel sprouts roasted in the oven to perfection. Coated in balsamic vinegar and olive oil then seasoned with salt and pepper.
Crisp outside, juicy inside with a tangy crunch topped with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
These are roasted balsamic brussel sprouts and they are amazing + super EASY!
Before I got pregnant with my son I seriously HATED the taste of brussel sprouts. My mom and sister love to make them for dinner and I could never understand why. They were so bitter and tasted so weird to me!
Once I got pregnant and wanted to incorporate some more healthy food into my diet, I decided to give brussel sprouts another shot. I wanted to try and “mask” the odd taste they had so I figured balsamic vinegar would do an amazing job plus I just LOVE balsamic vinegar!
I drowned the brussel sprouts in balsamic and then added salt and a BUNCH of freshly ground black pepper. The result, YUM!!!
I figured out how to season these healthy babies and now I am seriously addicted! I literally want them every day lol.
Roasting the brussel sprouts gives them such an amazing crispy, salty, spicy crunch to the outside layer and since I tossed them in olive oil and balsamic vinegar the insides are super moist and FLAVORFUL. You’re going to love them!
I usually make a large batch and eat them for dinner then snack on them the next day for lunch.
Health Benefits of Brussel Sprouts:
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Ala Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar
- Protects against cancer
- Reduces inflammation
Check below for a free printable with 30 Healthy Snack Ideas!
Here’s how to make them!
Roasted Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
- 3/4 of 1lb. Brussel Sprouts
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice brussel sprouts in half
- Spread olive oil onto a large baking sheet
- Add brussel sprouts to baking sheet and toss to coat
- Pour balsamic vinegar on the brussel sprouts and mix until everything is coated
- Place brussel sprouts cut side down
- Generously sprinkle salt & pepper all over the top
- Bake for 20-30 minutes
- Done when fork tender and lightly crisped on the top.
That’s it! I hope you love this great side dish. It would pair great with steak or chicken. Enjoy!