Pink Lemonade Bars
Gooey lemon filling, dustings of powdered sugar, buttery flakey crust, fresh strawberries, is your mouth watering yet? Mine sure is!! This my friends is a Pink Lemonade Bar.
My mom has a lemon tree that produces TONS of lemons every year. The tree has grown so large that it almost reaches the roof of their two story house! Lucky for me I get to take home a bunch of these luscious lemons.
My mom sent me home with a large bag full of lemons so I needed to get creative and find a recipe for these babies. Lemonade is good but I always end up making it and I wanted to try making something new and yummy. The result..Pink Lemonade Bars! This is actually my first time making any sort of lemon bars and they turned out amazing!
These are super lemony and sweet.
They would be a perfect treat for Mother’s Day which is coming up. You could “accidentally” email this recipe to your spouse lol!
This recipe is a twist on classic lemon squares. I wanted to JAZZ them up a bit and have some fun with them. There are other recipes that replace the red food coloring with raspberries but I was feeling lazy so food coloring it is! And as you can see from the photos I really CAKED the powdered sugar on but you can always just do a light dusting. I just really LOVE powdered sugar! Here is the recipe.
Pink Lemonade Bars
Total Time – 60 Mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar + more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 2 eggs
- Juice from 2 lemons – Zest from 1 of the lemons
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Strawberries for garnish
- 8x8x2 pan
- Set oven to 350f
- Mix the flour, powdered sugar, butter, and cinnamon until crumbly.
- Press the mixture into ungreased pan and bake for 20 mins
- Whisk with electric mixer granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and food coloring for a few minutes until frothy
- Immediately pour over the baked crust
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes
- (I baked mine for about 30 and the edges got a little too done so check it at 25 minutes)
- Let it cool then sprinkle powdered sugar all over that baby
- Add some sliced strawberries to top off that beautiful Pink Lemonade Bar
I hope you enjoy this recipe. How did you like it? I’d love to hear how they turned out for you!
Check out my other recipe on Wacky Dipped Easter Pretzels.