Easy Instant Pot Ham and White Bean Soup
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.*
Savory and rich bone broth soup made from a leftover ham cooked with beans, carrots, and love! Prepared in my Instant Pot on the slow cooker setting.
Warm broth, tender ham, yummy beans. That can only mean one thing…Instant Pot Ham and White Bean Soup. Talk about comfort food! And the best thing about this recipe is how EASY it is to make!
I threw this fantastic soup together in less than 10 minutes!
Throw it in the Instant Pot on the slow cooker setting and watch it do it’s magic. Usually I make this soup on the stovetop but today I was rushing out the door so I threw it all together in my Instant Pot and was gone for most of the day. I think it tastes even better this way. The bone broth gets richer the longer it cooks so it turned out AMAZING!
My mom makes this for us every Spring after our Easter honey baked ham and it is seriously my FAVORITE soup!
Don’t worry about buying a ham just for this recipe, you only use the bone and leftover meat for the soup so enjoy ham for dinner and lunch days before. I bought a bone-in brown sugar glazed ham and made it for dinner one night then our family ate leftovers and ham sandwiches for a couple days then I used what was left over (instead of wasting that precious bone) for my Instant Pot ham and white bean soup.
Usually I make this soup on the stovetop but today I was rushing out the door so I threw it all together in my Instant Pot on slow cooker setting and was gone most of the day. I think it tastes even better this way. The bone broth gets richer the longer it cooks so it turned out AMAZING!
*You can also use a regular slow cooker for this recipe.
Here’s the recipe for Easy Instant Pot Ham and White Bean Soup
- 1 large ham with some of the meat still on it
- 1 small yellow onion cut in half
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 2 stalks of celery cut in half
- 1 lb. of soaked white beans (or canned beans) – I soaked my beans in water over night
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt (add more to preference)
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper (add more to preference)
- (1) 6 oz.can of tomato paste
- Water to fill to the line in the Instant Pot
- Cut onion and celery, slice carrots
- Rinse beans with water
- Add ham to slow cooker
- Add add veggies, beans, bay leaf, garlic salt, pepper, tomato paste to Instant Pot
- Fill the Instant Pot with water just covering the ham about 3/4 of the way full
- Select slow cooker setting and set it to regular for about 8 hours
- After 8 hours remove onion and bay leaf
- Remove the ham bone and cut off any remaining pieces of meat
- Dice up the meat and throw it back into the Instant Pot
Serve while it’s hot!
Buttered rolls would be great with this dish!
I hope you enjoy this easy slow cooker meal as much as I do! Let me know how it turns out!