*This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.*
Delicious puff pastry turnovers filled with sweet blueberry pie filling and drizzled with a powdered sugar lemon on top.
Flakey pastry, rich blueberry filling, tart lemon drizzle, these are Easy Blueberry Lemon Turnovers! These things are TO DIE FOR!! Seriously… They are so addictive they should be illegal… But they’re not so might as well give in!
These easy blueberry lemon turnovers are just how they sound, EASY!
I know that many people steer clear from baking because baking can be hard to someone who doesn’t know what they are doing. This is the perfect recipe to try if you’re a newbie baker.
I’m not going to lie and say I am this super experienced baker because I’m not!
I want to become a better baker so I am trying new things and having fun with it. I hope that you can too!
I used puff pastry for this recipe instead of making my own pastry dough. Homemade is always great but I have a crawling baby roaming the house getting into things so most of the time I don’t have the time to bake from scratch. Puff pastry is easy and PERFECT for this recipe. I actually tried using another store bought dough for this recipe and it had no match to the puff pastry. Definitely glad with the choice I made!
The filling is even easier, blueberry pie filling! I picked up a can from the store, it was that easy. It blends so well with the puff pastry and the lemon drizzle just ties it all together.
What’s funny is that my mom doesn’t like puff pastry and once I made these and asked her to try one, she loved it! I’ve converted her lol
Enough talking, let’s get into this recipe!
Easy Blueberry Lemon Turnovers
Prep: 10 mins Total time: 35 mins
- 1 box of frozen puff pastry
- 1 can of blueberry pie filling
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Thaw puff pastry as instructed on box
- Heat oven to 375
- Spray cooking spray on baking sheet
- Once thawed, roll out puff pastry and cut each sheet into 4 square pieces
- Beat egg white and water until combined
- Scoop about a tablespoon full of blueberry pie filling into the middle of each square
- Make sure not to put too much because you won’t be able to seal the turnovers
- Once all have pie filling, brush egg white mixture along the edges of square and fold the diagonal corner together to seal
- Press the seal down lightly
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crust is lightly browned on the top
- Take them out to cool
- Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice together until smooth
- Once the turnovers have cooled take a spoon and drizzle the mixture back and forth over the turnovers
Serve immediately or place in a airtight bag for breakfast the next morning! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!