Coconut oil is seriously from the gods!
You can use it for almost anything. If you haven’t used it yet then you are really missing out. It’s full of essential vitamins and fatty acids that help with an assortment of this. Immune support, fat burning. wrinkle reducer, antibacterial, regulates blood sugar, just to name a few of coconut oil’s benefits. Coconut oil is so versatile. There are so many wonderful coconut oil uses!
Coconut oil is something that can be super easily incorporated into you and your families diet. It tastes great so adding it to your kid’s smoothies would be a great way to sneak in some amazing immune boosting power. I recommend using organic non gmo coconut oil.
My new favorite treat is coconut oil popcorn! I absolutely love popcorn and eat it often, mostly in the evenings but all that butter I would add made me feel like crap before bed! NO GOOD! I can still totally enjoy my late night treat by adding coconut oil instead of butter. I add about 1 Tbsp coconut oil to popcorn popper, add 1/3 cup popcorn kernels and pop. Melt a couple Tbsp of coconut oil and drizzle all over the popcorn. Add a little salt and that’s it! Yummy and guilty free!
Most recently I tried using coconut oil for a bad sunburn I got on my face and shoulders. First, I used real aloe plant and rubbed it on my sunburn then used a mixture of 2 drops of lavender essential oil to 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and rubbed it all over to seal in the moisture. No lie, I didn’t even peel! I was so sunburnt that I was sure I was going to peel but it never happened. The BEST part was the second I put the coconut oil mixture on my sunburn, it instantly stopped itching and burning. I was finally able to go to sleep irritation free!
When I first started using coconut oil I only used it for cooking. It’s great because it has a high smoking point and works good when stir frying and sautéing. Slowly I started seeing different ways to use coconut oil and starting experimenting. The conclusion is that it works so almost everything! It’s crazy. See below for a list of the amazing health benefits of coconut oil.
Benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Healthy fatty acids
- Very high in Lauric acid
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Reduces wrinkles
- Moisturizes skin
- Supports immune system
- Improves digestion
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Burns fat
- Helps fight cholesterol
- Helps inflammation
- Fights candida
- Supports hormones
Here are the 23 Best Coconut Oil Uses That Work For Everyone.
- Hair – mask, deep conditioning, anti frizz, dandruff, split ends, detangler
- Shaving – from the face down, works on everything
- Cooking – use as cooking oil, use for baking
- Popcorn – cook with coconut oil and melt then mix in popcorn instead of butter
- Smoothie – add to smoothies for health benefits
- Teeth – natural toothpaste
- Deodorant – natural deodorant
- Cuticle Repair & Growth – use on cuticles to heal dry and cracked skin and promote nail growth
- Sunburn – use alone or mix with essential oils and coat the sunburn
- Makeup Remover – add a small amount to cotton ball and wipe makeup away
- Lip Balm – use alone or add essential oil and rub on lips
- Massage Oil – work oil through hands and massage
- Face + Neck Moisturizer – apply a small amount to face and neck after washing face
- Body Oil – use all over body after shower to have healthy moisturized skin
- Dry Heel Repair – soak feet in warm water then apply oil and rub into heels and feet
- Minor Cuts & Burns – rub a small amount on minor cuts and burns, kills bacteria and promotes healing
- Eye Cream – apply small amount to outer eye area and very lightly rub in
- Oil Pulling – swish about 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in mouth for 10-15 minutes. Spit it out and brush teeth.
- Diaper Rash Treatment – rub a small amount to clean diaper area for protection and healing
- Stretch Marks & Cellulite – rub all over stretch marks and cellulite to promote healing and disappearance of stretch marks & cellulite – use at least twice a day
- Eyelashes – rub a small amount on base of eyelashes before bed to promote growth
- Moisturizing Bath – add a few Tbsp of oil to a warm bath
- Dog – rub a small amount on small cuts on dog, rub on swollen bleeding gums or lips, use for dry cracked pads