*This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.*
Classic Pasta Salad
Tangy noodles and crisp veggies can only mean one thing… Classic Pasta Salad! A warm weather staple dish. Perfect for Spring or Summer parties. The weather is getting warmer here in Las Vegas so I thought it was a great time to whip up some of my favorite Classic Pasta Salad!
It’s a SUPER easy recipe to make for your kiddos and keep on hand in the fridge!
My family has been making this recipe since before I was born! My mom ate this as a kid and it remains a TRADITION in our family.
What’s great about this recipe is that you can add tons of different ingredients to the noodles and make it your own. I typically always add bell peppers, green onions, and cherry tomatoes. My mom adds radish, cheese cubes, and carrots as well as the above ingredients. Use whatever you have in the fridge! It’s that SIMPLE. You can also double the recipe if you need to.
My favorite thing about Classic Pasta Salad is this glorious homemade salad dressing! It is my FAVORITE salad dressing on the planet! My mom has been making this dressing since the 70’s. We use it for all of our salads. You can find it here!
Let’s dive into this recipe!
Classic Pasta Salad
- (1) 12 oz. package of tri-colored spiral noodles
- 3 bell peppers diced – any color
- 3 or 4 green onions diced
- 1 small package of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 packet of Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup oil (I use canola oil)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil noodles as directed on package
- Dice all veggies and set aside
- Prepare any additional ingredients you want to add such as cubed cheese
- Add red wine vinegar, water, and seasoning mix to small bowl and stir until combined
- Add oil and stir
- Once noodles are cooked, add to strainer and run cool water over noodles until no longer hot
- Once the noodles are cooled, add all the ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy as is or chill in the fridge over night so the dressing absorbs into the noodles
Simple as that! I hope you enjoy this yummy Classic Pasta Salad recipe!
Check out my other recipe for Pink Lemonade Bars!